Background

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May 19th, 2009

Good evening. This afternoon I called Dr. Gelety to get the results because we couldn't wait anymore. The HCG level went from 30 on Thursday to 29.5 on Monday. The level should have tripled at a minimum. Technically we are still pregnant by the numbers, but it will not carry sine it is dropping instead of increasing. I am stopping all injections immediately so that no "procedures" need to be done in order to remove a lasting embryo. I can't help but be frustrated with the doc office since after calling concerned about spotting every day last week, his answer a week later was "Oh they should have told you to double your injections to prevent miscarriage". Unfortunately we were not told that, and low and behold the inevitable happened. What makes the situation more tough is being on the other side of the world from Tyler. I would rather have been apart the day of our wedding than today of all days. Now big decisions....surgery? adopt? try again? switch docs? So much to consider....my body, our finances, lost trust in Dr. G......Please pray for my precious husband who's voice was trembling through the night, since he had to call in the night from IRAQ to get the results, and wishing he could be here to provide for me and support us. He is an amazing man of God who was thrilled to be a future dad..one day! My heart not only breaks for what could have been a baby Johnson, but for my precious Ty. I am more than thankful for our sovereign God and faith, I could not imagine IVF without a passionate intimacy Tyler and I have together with our Lord!

4 comments:

  1. Nikki, I am so very very sorry for you and Tyler both. My prayers are with you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wish we were there with you because we know how much the two of you want a baby. May take a little longer than you hoped but we are sure that all of our prayers will be answered. You both will be such wonderdul parents and we look forward to the day. Love you both,
    Mom and Dad Parker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Nikki,

    I can't imagine the disappointment and frustration you and Tyler feel. I am praying that God will carry you through.

    Psalm 71:20

    Though You have made me see troubles, many and bitter, You will restore my life again;
    from the depths of the earth, You will again bring me up.

    We love you and miss you and pray for you continaully. Wish we could wrap our arms around you and cry together. Love, Jean

    ReplyDelete