Background

Friday, May 15, 2009

May 15th,2009

Howdy y'all! Today was another ride on the Johnson Journey. The doc office was scheduled to call between 3:30 and 4:30 today. However, Tyler was already calling in the middle of the night dying to know, so I called them at 4:00. The RNP said that with IVF only the doc will call with results. Therefore, I took it upon myself to call his personal cell phone as a friendly reminder. He called back quickly. The news as wonderful, dreadful and full of anxiety. The conversation went something like this...
Dr. G: When were you supposed to test Nikki?
Nikki: Friday, but I was positive it was negative so I scheduled for a day earlier.
Dr. G: I wish you wouldn't have done that. For the test to be positive it must be greater than 25, yours was 30. However at this point it should be over 100. So maybe the extra day would have helped, or maybe we just need to test again to make certain. So congrats you are pregnant! Wait, you haven't been spotting at all.
Nikki: Yes, Dr. G(arggggg is my voice) I talked to the RNP and several nurses this week about it.
Dr. G: Well it could be implantation, but I wish I personally had known that(as if I didn't know the clinic didn't communicate to each other)therefore I would have increased your injections. Starting now, double it! I hope you are pregnant, I hope this works, lets see you promptly Monday to retest and check everything out again.
.......
Wow..I went from congrats, to oh no, to we screwed up, to fear, to hope again in like 15 seconds. We both wish wished for either a straight positive o negative, much easier to deal with than one more ? on top of all the others. So the waiting game starts all over and we are hopeful for another positive Monday afternoon as well.....but if not we are prepared and faithful. Thank you for all the positive encouragement, we have great people in our lives!
More than ever we need prayers and hope!

2 comments:

  1. Nikki!!! I can't wait for the suprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for you double this weekend, then. Hang in there! <3

    ReplyDelete