Background

Friday, July 31, 2009

July 31st, 2009

Good evening!
Howdy to all my precious friends and family just as anxious and concerned as we have been, you guys a true gift. The silly goose teachers at my school came by to sing to my tummy and wish me well for the crazy afternoon ahead. Dr. Gelety called this afternoon with the results of yesterday. As expected he said the test came back negative, said I am sorry a bunch of times, and to stop the meds. Seconds later my adorable hubby called from Iraq to find the news. His voice all cracky, since he woke up in the middle of the night to be the first to hear the news. How hard that is to hear the disappointment in your husbands voice, when he is on the other side of the world fighting for our rights and freedom. However, just as we have always said we talked about the fact that God has a bigger plan, and following his will is more valuable than anything in our life. We agree there is a lesson to be learned, we are just searching for what that is. We are both at a point of peace with the results, but are looking ahead to the future. What is our next step.......Lupron, another surgery, IVF again, waiting, adoption. The scare part, and the exciting part is the unknown. In the past the doc always had a game plan, if this happens we will try this..now we have gone through all the steps and possibilities of the plan. Therefore, the next step is very much up in the air. We will continue to keep everyone updated, however our Journey toward parenthood and a baby Johnson are still in full force. Thanks again for all your love, support, encouragement and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Nikki,
    I am so,so,so sorry! My mom got tears in her eyes when she found out. I am so sorry! Call me.
    Alli

    ReplyDelete