Background

Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 16th, 2009

Howdy!

Today we went to the doctor in the morning. The book keeper called me back right away and told me they had to do ICSI(injecting the eggs with the sperm) once again. Quite disappointing on many levels...our cells are not lovers as we once thought, another 4 figure check, as well as science play a big role in the conception as well. However, we are blessed with the gift of the ICSI technology. Then I went to the screening room, and the nurse suggested my mom come back with me. Dr. Gelety came in and said originally there were 5 eggs, one too immature to fertilize. The other 4 were fertilized via ICSI. Today he said 2 are beyond perfect the embryologist said, grade 5 of 5! Both healthy and perfect 8 cell, one 6 which looked like it would be 8 asap, and the last one still at 4. He led us to believe that the 2 were incredible, then he put them on the screen via microscope. He wasn't pulling our leg, 2 were perfect and round and wiggling around, the other still pretty good though. We decided to implant all 3. I went into the operating room and they put the little guys in. He kept calling them my little guys, then corrected himself that they could be little gals. I was a little worried because the catheter for all the treatments has been super painful going in so I held my breath. This time I felt NOTHING! I was worried they did something wrong, Tyler insists my body was ready and they were doing in right finally! He told me he honestly thinks the embryos look much better than last time, and that the chance is really good. He said bed rest for Today, easy Friday and back to a slow life on Saturday. He warned that I better not be hitting the gym, because he thinks I should be pregnant on Saturday. I made a blood test appointment for Tuesday...oh great the 2nd day of school and i need to leave at the bell!!! The injections went great, less fluid came out than previously. We are both feeling very confident and blessed to even have been given the opportunity! You prayers are heard!

No comments:

Post a Comment