Background

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Meals

Howdy!
Our children are the greatest treasures we ever imagined God trusting us to raise, however, meal time is a night mare. Unfortunately, they need to eat 3 meals a day, which take over an hour a piece of pure misery. Lately I have stayed up all hours of the night preparing "toddler" recipes, adult food, breads, etc. Then, the food is not touched only spit out, thrown, smooshed to death. I am heart broken over the situation, and regularly meals and with all 3 of us crying. I want to enjoy meals together as a family, and a year later that has yet to happen. Our food therapist is having as much difficulty as I am, so she along with her boss are going to do further evaluations on Thursday. I am looking forward to that! The hardest part of our struggle is that it isn't something we can look past and work around. Yes Taft has a muscular disorder but we can progressively work on that, modify and adapt. On the other hand, you can not do that with eating, my boys need the nutrition and calories.(and not through a million Pediasures!!!!) Prayer would be great!

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled upon your blog and I so feel your pain!! My youngest has struggled with meals since he was 2 weeks old. Hang in there and if feeding therapy isn't working, definitely investigate further. We have been in feeding therapy for a year and we're headed to St. Joseph's Feeding and Swallowing clinic next week.
    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete