Background

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The last few days...

Sunday
Church was fabulous,we come and Mommy is hit like MACK truck by a stomach bug. I was so yuck I couldn't move but a foot at a time with out getting sick. At one point I was laying on the floor in the playroom with the kids playing on top of me half asleep. My dear Francine brought Gatorades to help cheer me up. My favorite part was getting sick while 2 babies held onto my sides doing things like flushing the toilet, unrolling the toilet paper, pulling up my shirt, etc. I have learned privacy No longer exist here!

Monday
Wake up at 4 to be gone by 5am for the big Zeke surgery. Uncle Ryan went with us to watch Tbone. We get all registered and checked into the hospital. Poor Zeke was so stressed he kept hiding inside my shirt, literally inside of it. Finally the anesthesiologist pulled my baby away. The doc said if t was just tubes he will come out to the waiting room in 15, if it ends up tubes and adenoids I will see his in 30 minutes. I go to hang out with Ryan and Tbone. True story: Ryan is on the floor and has Taft fenced in a corner using the chairs of the waiting room! We visit and I rock T to sleep, while Ryan and I chat. An hour goes by....1 HOUR!!!! Doctor comes out and obviously they did both. They used gas to knock him out for tubes, then feel adenoids and those need to come out. At that point they need to IV him. IT took 30 min to have the IV work successfully. His poor arms look like he fell into a cactus with all the pricks..poor goose! I race back to recovery where I can hear him yelling from yards away. I grab him and SILENCE!! The nurses are shocked and say he most know his Mama..well yes! For the remainder of the day he is glued to me and fussy..but doing so great and so brave! We attend class that evening for their baby dedication. We discuss how our children are blessings God has trusted us with to raise to know and serve the Lord...we are excited to have them dedicated on Mother's day at church!!!! Exciting time..photos and video to come!

Tuesday
After MOPS we go pick up the young man buying our car and head to the bank to sign off and receive payment. The loan officer had the wrong number to reach us, and go figure wasn't there. We drive to our house where we empty the car and let the buyer take the car anyway, even though we don't have a check in hand, he is trustworthy and already has insurance covering it. Then is the dentist appointment I described earlier where Taft exploded for Miss Jessica.

Wednesday
Doctors appointments super early for health but also for Ages and Stages. We filled out about 10 pages about each boy and tested his on a million skills. Zeke was at or above average in every single category for his Age, not adjusted, far ahead of his adjusted age for prematurity! Taft was borderline Average and Below Average for every category except Gross motor which he was bottom of the charts. He can't walk and every test included walking, so no surprise there. Therefore, developmentally our kids are doing AMAZING!!!!! Everyone was impressed. Health wise the visit was terrible: Tbone's recent explosions are caused by Rotavirus..perfect..last 2 weeks, just what we needed. Zeke's bad cough we have had checked out twice has now turned into Pneumonia. My poor little guys always have something going on. Afterward we go to several errands on base and then back to the bank, where we actually meet the loan officer and walk away with a GIANT check for selling the little car...PRAISE GOD! I had no idea how I was going to sell it alone, but He did all the work for us!Bye Cloud, you were so good for us!

Now life continues and we are hoping for thing to take a turn for the slow!!!! Daddy comes home to visit us on May 29th for a week, so we are now on the count down..24 days to go!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. You are a beautiful mother - doing it all with laugther, grace and an adventurous spirit. Happy Mother's Day this weekend!

    ReplyDelete