Background

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Update after update

We have too many crazy things to share so I promise to be brief with each:

Easter Egg dying party: The kids did great watching and dropping eggs of course! They had plenty of fun with their little buddies, and Mommy got a dozen adorable eggs out of the deal!

Licking: Zeke is all about the licking again. He was like this at 6 months and for some reason the quirk is back. He will smash his face into the tray of his high chair and lick the entire things back and forth, he still loves for me to lick his forehead and here is where it gets weird...when I am all sweaty from the gym he wants to lick my sweaty arms and legs, plus when i stick my tongue out like I am going to lick his forehead to be silly he grabs my face with both hands and pulls me toward his face with his tongue out...ahhh..he wants to lick my tongue..GROSS!!!!

Therapy: Food therapy is continuing..making strides no..but tiny steps, MAYBE? Physical therapy makes Tbone angry sometimes, its his way or the highway. He still has his little blue angel wings and giant X across his tummy reapplied with the elastic tape each week. Poor Guy! We are hoping Miss Mandy, the food therapist, will also be our OT for Tbone? Next week we have a Peabody? analysis to see where the kiddos stand with fine and gross motorskills over all.

Gym: When I drop the kids off at the gym watch area I always like to spy and see how they are doing. Today my heart melted! A little boy was gathering up all the legos and piling them behind him, typical hoarder kid style! When one of my kids would try and take one he would make a growling sound. Zeke figured out that he just wanted all the legos for himself so he went around the room finding legos and bringing them back to the kid knowing it would make him happy. The kid would snatch them away and add to his pile, and Zeke would happily go get more, what a gem! He might not be biologically Tyler's kiddo, but that heart is so Daddy's! Then later I came to get them and they were put in walkers to have a snack. The teacher poured Cheerios on the little walker tray. Tbone was shoveling them in as fast as possible. Zeke of course won't eat like a "notrmal" kid so he found a little 2 or 3 year old and was hand feeding his snack into the kids mouth! HAHA!!!


Palm Sunday Picnic: Wjhat a treasure to spend a beautiful afternoon grilling and jumping on bounce houses with our church family, yeah in my dream world. I get there, park a mile away, finally find a shady spot by friends and get the kids out to eat. Tbone starts crawling toward the cars in the parking lot and Zeke takes off running toward bounce houses. Ahhh..panick..so I call Ryan who meets us there! Our church family is great, but they all are dealing with their own kiddos. Ryan and I could tag team pretty good. We ate giant burgers, bounced in a house, went on blow up slides, played in water, helf baby goats, etc! Wjhat a blast, after I brought in my wing man!!!

Rocks: We live in their desert so our yard is full of rocks, literally! Other than the landscaping all we have is rock. For some reason Tbone loves to crawl/walk through it. I need shoes on just to chase after him..tough cookie!

1 comment: