Background

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tunnel and Tent

Yesterday the boys got one of their Easter treats in the mail..a tent with tunnel! Well I was so excited to see their reaction and let them play in it, that it went from Easter present to an April 5th present! I took a short video of the kids getting introduced to their new toy. MOPS...yesterday was also our first day of MOPS. I had a blast meeting tons of other Christian mothers, hearing guest speaker, bible study, great breakfast, discussion groups, won a door prize, met other "twin" moms and Ethiopia moms as well, precious craft, BUT I got back to pick up my men from MOPPETS and they were not happy. First of all, that was the first time they have been away from me for 3 hours at a time. Also, the volunteer didn't find their pediasures so only put water in their sippys, Taft had snot down to his chin and Zeke was asleep in the corner with all the other kids running around. The precious volunteers did their best, but my little guys are work. Therefore, we are going to give it another shot, and hope my little MOPPETS do better this time around next week.

Food therapy...Mandy came and gave us tons of tips, but also news that we are going to need intense therapy until they will eat like big boys. Of course Zeke picked up a cantaloupe piece with a fork and ate it for her...WHAT? cantaloupe???? How many times have we tried that and ended with tears and cantaloupe in Mommy's face! Mandy was impressed with all the crazy tricks e have tried and that my little men eat wild salmon and asparagus and totally non "kid foods"..well they are my kids what else would they be eating? I am excited to have her around often and blessed that she is able to drive to her our house for lunch or breakfast regularly.

Cute stories...

Taft: The other day at dinner Zeke continually threw everything on the floor in order to keep his tray "clean" like he likes it. Therefore, I said "No Zekey No" and look over and Taft is shaking his pointer finger saying "No Zekey No" like I was. Where did he get that shaking teacher finger, I must do that subconsciously?

Zeke: He loves to noozle me and now will walk over and grab my thighs and look up and shake his little nose. By that he means noozle..as in bend down and rub our noses together so we can noozle Mommy. Plus he loves his big boy shoes (0nes with out the suede soles for learning walker). He has a new pair of toddle stride rites that sound kind of like tap shoes on our hardwood floor. He ran laps this morning back and forth, then bends down to touch the shoes, and then run again. His face says it all, "These shoes are AMAZING!!!!!"

HELP WANTED: Seriously if you can help please email or comment! 1. How do you prevent kids from rubbing food in their hair while they eat? I tried everything..keeping hands busy, shower caps, non "messy" food. I can only wash their hair 1-2 times a week (weird Afro hair rules!) and when roast beef bits are rubbed in along with sunflower seed butter, it becomes a health hazard. Meal time with children who get food therapy is hard enough with out gross food smeared in their little AFRO!

3 comments:

  1. My youngest was the same way with putting food in her hair. She got a lot of baths. The one thing I always wanted to try, but never did, was swimming caps. I know the shower caps didn't work, but maybe a tighter swim cap? Sorry, I never came up with a good solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you able to just rinse it with water? Or is it really bad that you need to use something else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you put a hat on his head that snaps under the chin? It might cover more hair, or he might just figure out how to unsnap it. The swim cap is a really good idea too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete