Background

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 28th, 2009

Howdy! The surgery went off with out a hitch I was told. Andrew picked me up at 7, and we drove to the doc. I explained how worried I was about getting put under. They explained to me Marta would be by my side, Dr. Gelety would do the procedure, Dr. Vu would be there for the lab portion and the nurse would be Martha. All I remember was Marta putting me under and she couldn't stop laughing because I wouldn't stop talking when I was supposed to be out. She had to come over and put her hand over my eyes to make me close them and be quiet. I never saw the other 3. I remember asking if that was all when it was over, because it seemed fast. The first actual moment i remember is the nurse saying to pick my booty up because they were putting my undies and pants back on. As if I was a baby being changed, how embarrassing! I vividly remember Marta walking me across the hall from the OR to a recovery room. She is like barely 5 feet, and I am of course a giant, so I can only imagine her trying to control me. I slept int he recovery for a while. I started to think I would rather recover at home. So I got up and found my shoes, and drug the rolling heart monitor and IV stand to the door, opened the door and told the nurse in the hallway "I think I am ready to go home". Well that threw the entire office for a loop. Dr. g came running down the hall saying why is she dragging the monitors and all the wires behind her. Marta quickly grabbed me and all my tubes and wires and put m back to bed ASAP. Funny story looking back, but I guess not if you are the doc. They gave Andrew all the check out procedures, loaded me in the car through the backdoor. they said after "incident" earlier they didn't want me to embarrass myself any worse by walking through the waiting room. Andrew drove me home after the 3 hour ordeal, I walked in and thought I was going to have a normal day. I got a bowl of cereal, and got my lesson plans out...yeah right..i was fast asleep within seconds and didn't wake up until late afternoon. Francine is coming over in a bit for my next set of drugs, progesterone injections, in a little bit. I remember being drugged and them telling Andrew about the next shots, and I was saying "Wait I thought I was done with all the backside injections after today". Wrong! The embryo transfer is Friday at 11:00. until then please pray for my health and our little test tube babies growing right NOW! What a miracle!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad it went well!! Saying lots of prayers now for your sweet babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will hope your babies are girls! Especially with Tyler being gone!

    ReplyDelete