Background

Saturday, August 29, 2009

August 29th, 2009

Howdy! I realize attempting to take a picture one week after the fact does not do justice to my arm. Lats week when they took blood they could not get the vein to stop bleeding leaving an inflated bruise about 6 inches long down my arm. This is over a week later and hard to see given my camera skills, but pretty nasty either way. The DepotLupron has had a few wild side effects, but we keep agreeing that these sacrifices are nothing compared to the opportunity to have a child. I have experienced incredible hot/cold flashes, and earth shaking insomnia, both very expected. The one I have difficulty with is the weight gain. I have been on an organic fresh foods diet of about 1000 calories and work out with a trainer for 1.5 hours a day and steadily my weight has gone up. I have never been all about the skinny girl image, but I always have been about health, and eating/working out so hard has proven to not combat Lupron. I find it hard to eat spinach for lunch, run 6 miles, lift for 30 minutes, and gain a pound in that time. Frustrating. I can only imagine eating normal, and not working out every day what would happen. Don't want hubby to come home to fatty wife! Only 6 more weeks or so, if they stop extending it over and over!
Look into the future...Tyler and I have looked into and filled out original paperwork for either infant domestic adoption, or adopting from Ethiopia...more on that to come....

Promise to keep everyone updated more often and apologize for not doing so more.

1 comment:

  1. OUCH!!!! NIKKI!!!!! That looks like it hurts.E-mail me!

    ReplyDelete