Background

Friday, January 27, 2012

"Twins"

You know your kiddos were destined to be "twins" when on the exact same day they fall, at 2 different time, and get the EXACT SAME SCAB!!!! They both popped the area between your nose and lip and it formed a little scab. how bizarre is that?

If I had a dollar for the amount of times people comment on the fact that it looks like Taft has eyeliner on, I could buy everyone in my family a Starbucks. I assume all these strangers do not really believe he has eyeliner on, but it sure does look like it. Gorgeous eyes my babe has!

Last week we had the EMG/NCV done on Taft. The results were a blessing and a curse....He does not have Muscular Dystrophy or Multiple Sclerosis Praise God! The commented that his muscle bulk and strength for very defined and strong for his age! That's right, my little linebacker already! However, they believe maybe there is a part in his brain not cooperating with his muscles. His cognitive evaluations are always right on track, just his gross motor is still a bit behind. Therefore, we are now scheduled for an MRI/brain scan, blood work, and liver function test, along with a follow-up with his regular Neurologist. Hoping this will be our last major hospital visit, before we have a Daddy back in town. I have gotten way too familiar with each hospital in the Tucson area and used and abused friends who are willing to care for Zeke while I focus on Taft.

One of Taft's therapist really brought it back home the other day when we were discussing medical conditions, test, diagnosis, etc. She said "What if this is how God made him", "Look at the faith growth in your family because of these struggles"! Yes, yes you are right! Our God is great, powerful and the Almighty Healer. I witness my little man praying daily, getting excited over bible stories, and dancing and singing at kid's church warms my heart. If my kiddo never runs up and down flights of stairs, but commits his life to Christ and service I will be the most BLESSED Mommy on Earth!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about all the stinky tests, but AMEN to your attitude, girl!

    ReplyDelete