Background

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Trauma for Zeke and Mommy

At church today it was promotion for the boys! They left the much loved nursery and moved up to the movers and shakers room. Our friend and volunteer Mr. Mark moved up with them for the day because he adores them and they love him more than almost anyone! That was sweet of him to keep an eye out on them for their first day in the big boy room. I was warning the teacher how Zeke is a wild monkey lately and I turn around to show her the differences in features between Taft and Zeke(since everyone still thinks they look the same :( ) and go figure Zeke is crawling UP the slide while other kids are trying to go DOWN. Was I surprised...unfortunately NO! The new class has all sorts of climb and tumble equipment so I am sure they were all over the place. Church was great, and he is where the trauma comes into play...

After church we run to the grocery store. I thought I was getting a few items so took the stroller to stack the stuff on the top. Well a few items turned into $140, or a MOUNTAIN on top of, under, inside the stroller! I am cruising along and a 12 pack of Diet Coke falls and starts spurting all over, get a replacement, that one falls a few minutes later, no spurting just cans roiling every which way. I look in at the boys while picking up the cans and see that Taft is holding Mr. Cow and Zekey's lovey is GONE/Missing/Heart attack for Mommy is starting! I went up and down each aisle, alert the manager, ask customer service, get them to make an announcement. A million thoughts run through my head of how in the world out life is going to continue with out that little lime green satin rag. After 40 minutes I start to have an all out panic as Zeke screams and screams. I realize I might never again sleep until this is found. I told the manager I was sleeping at the store until it turned up, he thinks I was kidding..I AM NOT!!! I loose all self control I have left and start shouting to people in line, asking if they have seen it. I go up and down the aisles warning customers to be on the look out. At this point I am sure people wanted to put me is some asylum. Finally woman hears me and says "oh what color is it?" "I have it, I put it in my cart a while back when I saw it getting run over and planned to turn it into the cashier when I checked out. I ran over an hugged her, and then started crying like a baby. Yes with an audience of about 20 grocery shoppers I was crying! All the middle aged people comforted me and explained they totally get it, their kids all had a special comfort item too! Mommy's and Daddy's understood, the teens and singles thought I needed a straight jacket!

End of story: Zeke and Lovey have been reunited for good!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Where is that novel of yours? Lovey's Adventures, perhaps?!
    This was so hilarious and heartwarming. Life as a parent- beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete