Background

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dog Days of Summer

One the weather comes on and every single day of the 10 day forecast has a high OVER 100 degrees I can officially declare we have hit the dog days of summer!

Bully
Lately I have seen the boys playing together and hear Zeke says "uhoh" and then Taft whine, then "uhoh" then whine. Finally I realize Zeke is taking away a toy Taft has and throwing down and then saying "uhoh" like Taft dropped it. What a bully?

Naps
A few days this week Taft would wake up from his nap after only laying down for 10 minutes crying. My solution take his to my bed and snuggle him. Of course he falls right asleep and Mommy gets to snuggle him for a long time. These moments are good and bad I know, but I love every second of it!

Foot rest
As most of you know we own 2 wooden high chairs, 2 plastic high chairs and 2 booster chairs with trays, yes that is EXCESSIVE! Then the food therapist realized the wooden ones don't have a tray but have a foot rest, and the other sets have a tray but no foot rest. the boys need both due to their sensory issues, some of which are food related. Therefore, the goofy parents we are bought pvc pipe and plastic framing for a door and made our own little foot rests for the plastic high chairs. Can we say high maintenance children?!

Brushing teeth
Zeke's new thing is to watch me brush my teeth and open his mouth begging to brush his for a second, then mommy, then Zeke. Yes with my tooth brush and big people toothpaste! Yuck!

Cars/Trucks
I am tempted to rent Cars the movie and let the boys watch it. Taft is now officially obsessed with trucks, which are really cars, but he calls trucks. He searches every page of his books looking for trucks then comes running to me to show me the truck he found in the corner of the 5th page or so. He even realized one of their bath soaps has a picture of a car on it and wants to carry it around. In the car is the worst; I look in the mirror at him and he literally hollers "truck" and points at every single car that goes by! Michaels had a display of car paraphernalia and he literally was trying to jump out of the stroller to get to the "trucks"! I don't let the kiddos watch TV at all, but I might make an exception and rent the movie CARS to see how thrilled he gets!

No comments:

Post a Comment