Background

Saturday, September 12, 2009

September 12th,2009






Howdy!


This week has been an overwhelming week of frustration and getting stuck in a time warp. We have been working through the paperwork, writing the essays, etc. like wild men and women. After like my 15th hours of working on just one immigration and Ethiopian packet this week my frustration had peaked and my eyes filled with tears. Tyler is usually the partner to do all the paperwork, and left alone with a stack and pen is not my strength I must admit. After I realized that the paperwork, applications and ordering of documents basically increased by 10 fold when we decided to adopt from Africa rather than U.S., for a second I debated if we should switch back to domestic. I took a diet coke break and checked the mailed. I must admit this was a God moment, because ti was too perfectly coordinated. I was about to burst screaming in frustration when I opened the mailbox to find Kelly and Chris Brown(Chris worked with me at Ruckel, and Kelly has been like a mentor through the adoption process after her own adoption) had mailed us a book on Christian Adoption. How Amazing are they and God! I still can't get over how God works int he greatest ways!


I spent a solid hour at OfficeMax making copies of everything "just in case". We have our first solid "packet" to send to Lisa at BAF, and the first stage was so thick I had to take a photo. I am hoping to have another stack about that thick to mail by the end of the week, if we keep the good pace we are working at. I then had 3 sets of fingerprints taken at a gun shop. I am sure you can only imagine how well I fit into that scene..yikes! We might be nuts, I must admit, but we bought a little board short bathing suit today for our son. We decided if we pick up little motivators like that along the way the paperwork push will be a breeze. Who can get frustrated filling our forms, when you look over at the worlds smallest board short suit, knowing our Little angel will be wearing that sooner than we imagine. Now maybe I can talk Ty into that dream jogging stroller to get through the next phase? Just teasing!


We love you all, and are more than thankful for your support and encouragement!

1 comment:

  1. NIKKI THOSE SWIM SHORTS ARE SO CUTE.REMEMBER I WAS TALKING TO YOU WHEN YOU WERE BUYING THEM YOU TOLD ME.

    ReplyDelete