Background

Thursday, December 1, 2011

We are still alive!

My goodness gracious what long time since I have been able to post. Life just hit fast forward for 2 weeks and then I was so far behind I didn't want to post anything because there was just way too much to say. So I am going to hit on the highlights of what has been going on, of course all the typical therapies, dates, groups, lessons, etc, but in addition the following craziness:
1. Daddy came home for 17 days and we were in HEAVEN, literally. The boys recognized and only a day or so in were back to their typical daddy-loving selves!
2. We went to Disney and had a blast!(well all but Zeke who was afraid of it all)
3. We have been to several fabulous birthday parties.
4. The bathroom is COMPLETED!!! Custom cabinet in, water running, paint, dry...loving not sharing with the boys!
5. Taft had a Neurology appt...they found nothing wrong, and think he is just dev behind from orphanage life. Considering testing for trisomies if there isn't a giant jump in next 4-6 months.
6. Taft has been super sick, and several docs believe it to be allergies, so we are giving allergy meds a try.
7. Zeke got an ear infection that was so bad his fever almost hit 105 and the doc made us stay at the clinic until we could get it down, over 6 hours.
8. Both boys had blood work and chest x-rays because they just were not getting better.
9. Taft got his little orthotics in and is a miracle. They told us he would have to learn how to walk all over again, we strapped them on and he took off running..can we say determination?
10. We attended a picnic in PHX for adoptive families.
11. On the way to Phoenix we got a nail in the tire and had to purchase 2 new tires, but had to drive cautiously to 3 different stores looking for the Right tires in the middle of Tour de Tucson(aka thousands of cyclist all over town).
12. We went to a Thanksgiving for Ethiopian adoptive families in Phoenix.
13. I left my tithing check in my Operation Christmas Child box and had to go sort through boxes to find the blank check before it was wisked away to a 3rd world country!
14. Taft is now receiving speech therapy, Zeke placed out!
15. We ran as a family, My dad, My sister and me! in the Thanksgiving Cross country race here in Tucson.
16. My immediate family came to stay and play for the week of Thanksgiving.
17. We had a family date to the zoo.
18. Pepaw babysat all day, while my mother, sister and I went nuts on black Friday, as usual!
19. In place of getting a rental car, my mom volunteered to ride in the trunk of my car around town. Yes my little SUV had 4 adults and 2 baby seats!

No comments:

Post a Comment