Background

Friday, October 21, 2011

God's gifts

When we first felt called to change our dossier from one baby boy, to 2 baby boys we were hesitant and anxious. We knew this was God's will and we were faithful. Looking back...God is amazing and all knowing obviously, but I reassured of that daily in the interactions of my boys. God designed our family, and for the two of them to be brothers for life, from sharing a wood box "crib" in Ethiopia to now. Today alone I was shown this during these moments:

1. I am pulling the wagon home from visiting the Payne family and I have my back to the boys, but hear "tickle-tickle" over and over again from both kiddo. I turn around and witness that they are taking turns tickling each others feet and saying "tickle-tickle".

2. At the gym the teacher gave Zeke a little bag of goldfish to-go for the car and he took them and signed thank you. He took one step away and turned back and reach up saying "tut-tut" and signing please. He wanted a baggie for Taft too, who he calls "tut-tut".

3. In the stroller Zeke must have finished his drink and wanted more because he threw his cup down and started saying more. Therefore, the kind hearted Taft grabs his cup from the pocket and hands it to Zeke.

4. In the bath this evening I have a director for each boys washing moments. When I am washing Taft, Zeke stands over and directs me saying "bubbles" and pointing to the places that I have missed to make sure Taft is cleaned well. Then they switch roles.

5. Finally, after reading stories I asked them to give Mommy a kiss, and instead of kissing me they kept kissing each other over and over again and giggling.

I could never imagine their little lives with out the other.

God is so great and mighty to have designed our family!

3 comments:

  1. That is so incredibly adorable!!! I'm glad they love each other. God really has blessed you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! The bath director thing is so CUTE. They are hilarious hahaha

    ReplyDelete