Background

Thursday, October 20, 2011

First Race for Mommy pushing the double jogger




We completed our first race with Mommy and the double stroller. I was 1 of 2 crazy enough to attempt the race with the extra 125 pounds. The other double just so happened to be good friends of ours! I started thinking how much easier the run would have been if we didn't live in the mountains of Tucson with way too many hills to maneuver up with what seemed like a ton of bricks in the stroller. We finished in my goal time of 8-9 minutes per mile! I only tripped twice over items the boys threw over board and then Mommy ran right over. The boys loved the post race food, bands and roaming around old down town! Their favorite was a lollipop a vendor gave them, second one ever. After the slobbering mess and screaming fit when I took it away, it just might be their last for a while. I look forward to many more active events with my little guys! Go Team Johnson!

Lesson learned: Do not be the very last person to start the race! I thought I was being considerate of all the runners to get my huge BOB out of the way, but then quickly realized I then had to run past all the "walkers" who were at the end of the crowd. Weaving in and out of large crowds walking while you try and pass running on narrow down town city streets is a bad idea. Live and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment