Background

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Woah Nelly

I never really believed int he phrase when it rains it pours until the past 48 hours..... In the last 48 hours this has been our life...
1. The refrigerator broke! Everything was hot, so you should have seen me at 5:00 am running bags of groceries to neighbors and buying extra coolers at the hardware store for our necessities.
2. I fixed the refrigerator! My handy man dad walked me through the steps and 12 hours after the original panic we were already starting to fill it back up with the goodies. Yes I Nikki Johnson repaired the refrigerator on my own!
3. The fire alarms all started going off since they are interconnected. Eventually I realized it was a bad battery, but had to check them one by one to find the bad guy..grr!
4. The air condition was beeping like crazy, learned the filters needed changing..who knew it would go nuts to inform you of that!
5. We went to the Zoo on a Mommy playdate with our church and T-bone crawled under the bar into the giraffe cage. Of course there are multiple inner gates, but really buddy?
6. The general contractor is having trouble finding replacement cabinets similar to the ones we had in the bathroom, so NOTHING has been done since last week. Nothing, I still have no sink, no closet, no shower, no toilet. Yikes!
7. Our swim coach calls an hour before our next lesson and must have either been fired or quit. Because the message just explained she no longer works there and they will find us another coach. What?
8. Taft found a lotion bottle amongst the construction of the bathroom and opened it and ate some, results in a Poison control call, ended up nothing, but that is what the bottle said to do.
9. Wireless internet is broken, im not the web queen, but the satelite for our cell phone service runs through the roter as well. Therefore no internet no cell coverage.

Wow...wow...wow...I think God is thinking "high five Niki". You trusted me and found peace with me!!!!!

No God...please let us have a little reprieve from the Chaos!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Nikki, I wish I could have been there to help you with some of this. You have been given a giant test from God and seem to have passed with flying colors. I'm so glad to hear Taft has no "big" issues going on with his tummy. Love you, girl. Hug the boys for us. Jean/Nene

    ReplyDelete