Background

Thursday, September 22, 2011

SSA

In filling out forms to have the boys names changed on their Social Security Cards the SSA has a link to enter your name and see its ranking in Popularity for the past decade. Well I was tempted..and yes I entered all of our names out of curiosity.

Nikki:Most popular year in last decade it was #585/1000!
** Nikki's middle name was not in the top 1000 in the last decade!
Tyler:Most popular year in last decade it was #10/1000!
** Tyler's Middle name was also in the top 250 as well!
Taft: Never in the top 1000 names!
Ezekiel: Most popular year in last decade it was #213/1000!...Grrr too common!!!
**Totally obvious..but neither of the boys middle names/Ethiopian names have ever been in the top 1000!

I love stats! I love names! I love nap time when Mommy can waste precious time looking this up!

1 comment:

  1. So this inspired me to go look at the SSA site! Lol! The year I was born...Jessica was THE #1 name! Go figure! I have met soooo many Jessica's my age and there were always several of them in my classes growing up! It has continued to be in the top 100 names since then, but in the last 10 years it has significantly decreased. In 2000 it was 8th and now in 2010 it was 96th.
    -Jessica Kirberger

    ReplyDelete