Background

Sunday, May 16, 2010

May 16th,2010

Howdy!
We are the proud parents of two amazing Ethiopian boys!!!
Before we have taken legal custody of them we can not share specific details or photos via public sources, like our blog. Sorry! We will share what little we can.
On May 13th we were called while I was teaching and so Tyler ended up getting the referral call. Then he called my classroom to share information. I had students in the room and normally my phone doesn't ring in from the outside. He told me we had gotten our referral and my legs were shaking so hard I had to sit on a desk. I burst into tears and can only remember little parts of what Tyler said. We are now soon to be parents of 2 young "twins". They are not biologically related, but were born on the exact same day, in the same village. They will soon be 4 months old and healthy and growing fast in the orphanage. One was relinquished at a farmers market because his mother passed away in childbirth and his father who is a farmer could not feed or care for him. The other was abandoned in a public area and found by a police officer. They are the most beautiful and amazing people I have ever seen and we are already deeply in love, even though we have not held them or looked into their face.
We have another meeting tomorrow to go over travel, etc. WE assume we will travel to Ethiopia in 4-6 weeks to attend court and then 6-8 weeks after that to go to the embassy an bring them home forever. We should know more tomorrow. Once we attend court in just over a month we can share more info, pictures, and more.
We cant bottle up our excitement and can share pictures individually with friends and family, so if you are dying to fall in love with our sons email us at tylerandnikki@cox.net and we might give you a glimpse...
Pray for our sons health, safety and growth while we prepare and rejoice in our great God!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Been following your blog for a while since I found out you were a patient of Dr. Gelety. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki,
    I have been reading your blog and praying often for your children to be joined with you as a family. You will be a wonderful mother and I wish you and your family all the best. Congratulations.
    Brittney (Pruitt) Dunford

    ReplyDelete